Monday, March 11, 2013

How am I going to survive???

Screw daylight savings time. Screw George Vernon Hudson. Do I look like a damned farmer or a resident of the 1800's? What is the point anymore? We have long ago lost our need to be governed by the damned sun. I lost an hour today.... I can't express to you how much it SUCKS to lose an hour of sleep. I already have sleep issues. More than that, I have severe I.K.Y.I.T.M.B.C.I.Y.T.T.M. (I'll kill you in the morning before coffee if you talk to me.) Ok, I made that up, but I swear it feels real. If you can't tell by my sunny disposition today.. I'm cranky as hell about being tired. Hopefully my run this afternoon cranks out endorphins and I can refrain from physical violence.
 On the bright side, it's the hubby's day off and he is pretty much wrangling the little beast for me while I relax a bit. On the other hand, this dog is staring at me so hard as I type this, that it's making me uncomfortable. LOL.
Other than today, I had a pretty nice weekend. I took some of my own advice from my last blog. *wink* Woooweeeeee.
The second best part was that I made some pretty awesome healthy (er) versions of some bar foods that I love. 
Let me just tell you before I go forward. If you haven't had fried dill pickle chips, you my friend are missing out on a beautiful southern gastronomical miracle! Fried pickle chips are soooooooo good; but... they're FRIED! No bueno! So we can't have it right? WRONG! You can bake up some low calorie pickles into a delicious crisp. As a matter of fact, you can oven fry just about any damned thing!. (NEXT BLOG IDEA!) I don't care who you are, fried foods are DELICIOUS! If they weren't so damned good we wouldn't have a obesity problem. My inner fatty really needs some fried foods every once in a while so I trick her with oven fried swaps instead. So back to the (oven) fried pickles!
So simple. 1 jar of sliced hamburger dill pickles, some egg whites, and bread crumbs. Place on parchment paper and place in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Flip them over and finish off the other side for another 5 minutes or so. The dip is a low fat spicy aioli (use fat free mayo or vegenaise as the base) add garlic powder, salt black pepper, cayenne pepper, and a nice squirt of sriracha sauce. DONE! 

This was the appetizer to my pulled pork sandwiches that I made with a VERY lean pork loin. 
For dessert, 1 ingredient banana ice cream. Yup. ONE ingredient. BANANAS!! Peel and freeze a few bananas and stick them in a food processor. I shit you not, it comes out the consistency of ice cream. 
nom nom nom nom
Don't believe me? Ask this chick!

Long story short, my inner fatty was happy, my outer almost not a fatty was happy, That chick^^ was happy.... What's not to love?? 
Here's to me acclimating to this time change quickly. Have a great Monday!
-Sonya


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments or suggestions! I'd love to hear from you.